At CrossFit Evolution we are committed to protecting your privacy and voluntarily subscribe to the principles as outlined in S51 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002.
When do we collect information?
We will obtain personal information from you when you complete the online Membership Application or when you provide us with information via your Members Area on the CrossFit Evolution website being www.crossfitevolution.co.za.
What information do we collect?
The types of information we collect is the information provided by you when you complete the online Membership Application and includes your name, ID or passport number, date of birth, e-mail address, telephone number and the bank account details you nominate for debit orders to be taken from.
Is it mandatory for you to supply the information?
You are required to supply the information before you will be accepted as a member.
For what purpose do we use this information?
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the services, products or information that you have requested;
- to provide you with access to services, products or information that are substantially similar or related to your membership of CrossFit Evolution with the intention of benefitting you as a member of CrossFit Evolution; and/or
- for administration purposes.
To fulfil these purposes, we may need to share your information with our service providers, associated organisations, organisations in the same industry and agents.
If you want to prevent our cookies being stored on your computer in future, you may do so by referring to your internet browser’s instructions. Please note however that if you disable our cookies you may not be able to access certain services or facilities on our sites and your use of our sites may be restricted.
How do we protect personal information?
We use a secure server and also take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
Will we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
As indicated above, we may pass your information to our service providers, organisations in the same industry, agents and associated organisations, provided that the disclosure of such information will further the purpose for which such information is collected as set out herein.
We may also need to disclose your information if required to do so by law.
Right of access and correction of inaccuracies
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.
If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up to date by updating your profile by logging in to the Member’s Area of the CrossFit Evolution website at www.crossfitevolution.co.za, or by notifying us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement, as well as the remaining Part 1 and Part 2 of the Membership Terms and Conditions. If we do so, the latest version will be available at all times via the link at the bottom of the CrossFit Evolution website at www.crossfitevolution.co.za. By accessing any CrossFit Evolution and/or the website, you will be deemed to have accepted such changes
By providing us with your personal data, including sensitive personal data such as on your health, and by accepting the terms and conditions of the Membership Agreement at the bottom of Step 3 “Monthly Debit Order Authorisation” of the Online Membership Application you consent and opt in to:
- the processing and further processing of any information you provide us in accordance with the above purposes and this privacy statement;
- receiving from us CrossFit Evolution-related and fitness-related information by phone / mobile and/or email; and
- our transfer of your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as South Africa, if necessary, for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure your information is protected.
You are entitled to withdraw your consent and opt out of 1 and 2 above by transmitting a notice to us via the Contact Us area online, through the CrossFit Evolution website at www.crossfitevolution.co.za, or by email to email@example.com, or by prepaid registered post as provided for in Section E of Part 2, or through any other method as may be determined by CrossFit Evolution from time to time.
CrossFit Evolution lives by these values – We are smart, have fun and always do the right thing. These rules are in line with these, and ensure that everyone has a consistently great experience at CrossFit Evolution!
Please note All member, guests, tenants, contractors, visitors and staff must abide by the Rules. Individual Gyms may display their rules in Gym, which you also need to comply to. Your failure to comply with the Rules may result in severe consequences, including but not limited to termination of your CrossFit Evolution membership.
If you notice someone that is not obeying the rules, please notify one of our staff members and do not attempt to enforce the rules yourself. We all have a responsibility towards each other, to ensure we follow the spirit of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, and uphold the dignity of every person.
At any time we may change these rules, and we will always have the updated version available on our website www.crossfitevolution.co.za in the Terms and Conditions area at the bottom of every page.
- Our facilities are for the use of our members and guests only.
- Please treat everyone as you would like to be treated.
- Please read all guidelines of equipment if you are unsure of use.
- Please consult a doctor if you are concerned about any health risks. If you do experience any chest pains, discomfort or sudden headaches, dizziness or acute pain, stop exercising immediately and inform one of our staff members.
- Please remember to warm up before commencing with any exercise.
- Please remain hydrated and remember that no food or other drinks are allowed on our training floors and studios etc.
- No Bags are allowed on the training floors and studios, please ensure you make use of the valuable lockers if you like to place your bag in a more accessible area.
- Please use a sweat towel and wipe down equipment with roller towel and disinfectant after use.
- Please enter and leave the Gym during the stipulated operating hours. Please note that this might vary from Gym to Gym.
- Pets (other than guide dogs) are not allowed into our facilities.
- Firearms or any weapons are not permitted into our facilities, unless the weapon is in possession of an on-duty member of the police doing police business. If they are utilizing the facility as a member, no firearm or weapon is allowed to be on the premises with them.
- No smoking of cigarettes or any e-cigarettes are allowed in our Gym facilities.
- Please note no photos or videos are permitted to be taken in our Gyms without prior permission received from your General Manager. However from time to time we do have photo shoots and film videos in our Gyms, if you should be present in one of these then you consent to us using it in our branding and marketing material.
- You may not have alcohol or drugs on our premises, or be under the influence of either while training in our facilities.
- No selling or marketing of any fitness products to our members in the Gym, other than the registered dieticians who practice in our Gyms.
- The use of our Logo, name or marks for promotional or marketing advertising is not permitted without prior permission from Head Office.
- An access card will be issued to you when you join. Access cards, wristbands and key fobs are available for subsequent purchase from the vending machine.
- All members / guests must have their photo taken for the access system.
- Please present your access device on every visit to the Gym.
- Please report stolen or lost access devices, and then you will need to buy a new one from the vending machine.
- If you leave your access card / wristband at home – you will need to give your ID number to receive an access by a staff member at our reception desk.
- No one other than yourself is allowed to use your access device, which is also linked to a (portion of) your fingerprint.
- If your membership is in arrears or has been cancelled (including due to arrears), you will not be allowed into the Gym.
- At our discretion you are allowed to bring a friend to train with you upon payment of the guest fee and completion of the guest register. All guests need to abide by these rules.
- We do not endorse and have no tolerance towards the use or sale of any form of illegal substance or performance enhancers on our Gym premises and on our social media platforms.
- Do not threaten or intimidate or use menacing behavior towards other members, guests, visitors or tenants or staff.
- Do not verbally, sexually, or physically harass or abuse any members, guests, visitors or tenants and staff.
- Do not perform any unhygienic or immoral acts, including that of a sexual nature.
- Parking – you are liable for any extra parking fees that may be due, beyond the free period provided by CrossFit Evolution. Please do not park in disabled parking baysif you are not entitled to. Please remember all vehicles are parked and driven at your own risk. We do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage.
- Subject to availability, lockers are provided in the change rooms, and valuables lockers outside the change rooms. Please bring your own padlocks. We do not guarantee that the use of the lockers will prevent theft or damage to your property.
- Lockers are only permitted to be used while you are in the Gym. Please note if left overnight, your lock will be cut and the items will be removed and placed in lost property at your own risk.
- Please use the Equipment for its intended purpose, use the instructions provided and ask for help if needed.
- Please inspect equipment before use and do not use if a “I’m knackered” sign is on that piece of equipment, as this means that the piece of equipment is not in full working order. Please report all broken pieces of equipment to a staff member.
- When using the strength equipment, please ensure that the weight pins have been put in correctly.
- Before stepping onto a treadmill, please ensure that the belt has come to a complete stop before stepping onto it.
- Handle all equipment and weights with care, and replace where you found them after use.
- Class timetables and instructors may change from time to time and without notice too. Please check the Gym timetables for the updated timetable.
- You are welcome to use any of the facilities and equipment at your own convenience, please remember that any classes led by our staff or fitness instructors at scheduled times, always take priority. Please be punctual for these classes.
- Subject to the priority rule on instructor led classes, you may participate in a virtual riding experience on an indoor bike whenever suits you. Please ensure you check that your shoelaces are securely tied and tuck long pants away to prevent interference with the pedals.
- Please remember to observe the space around you when using the boxing equipment, skipping ropes and kettlebells to avoid harming others. Also wear protective gear on your hands when using the boxing bags.
- If you are interested in signing up with a Personal Trainer, we have a variety to choose from on our display wall inside our Gyms. You are welcome to contact them directly.
- Only authorized CrossFit Evolution Personal Trainers are permitted to provide personal training in our gyms. Personal Training by another member is not allowed whether it’s for payment or not. If we find someone providing unauthorized personal training, the General Manager will investigate you and the person you training. Personal Trainers work for themselves, please ensure that you sign an agreement with your personal trainer and obtain a receipt every time you purchase sessions.
- Please do not tamper with any fire doors or safety equipment. Please follow the health & safety notices in the Gym.
- Please follow the staff’s instruction in an emergency procedure. Please report all injuries and incidents to a staff member.
- Children 14 years and older may purchase a CrossFit Evolution Membership at the full adult rate. This is subject to their legal guardian authorizing this purchase via a link sent by email. Therefore children under the age of 14 may not access a CrossFit Evolution.
- Please contact your Gym, or log onto our website for more information www.crossfitevolution.co.za
- We reserve discretion when approving membership applications.
- All complaints and queries should be made directly to your General Manager or in writing via an email to them on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our right of admission is reserved at all times.
- Please ensure that you wear the correct gym attire while training on our gym floor, ensuring that you wear closed training shoes – NO sandals or flip flops.
Thank you for your assistance in making your CrossFit Evolution community a place where everyone feels welcome, safe, and free to pursue their health and wellness goals, together; whilst having fun!